The Internet is full of people who will offer to help you with the patent process. Not all of them are reputable. Be careful to check the credentials of the sites and be an informed consumer. Here are links to trustworthy websites:
- Free Patents Online – a free patent searching site with PDF downloading, world patent searching, and other account functions.
- Invention Dimension – the Lemelson-MIT Awards Program. Read their Inventor’s Handbook.
- Inventor’s Digest Magazine – lots of online help for inventors.
- National Inventor Fraud Center – put up by a law firm in North Dakota, contains a lot of good information.
- United Inventors Association – a nonprofit inventor support group serving the invention community since 1990.
- World Intellectual Property Organization – an international organization dedicated to promoting the use and protection of works of the human spirit.
- For the kids – This page is part of the United States Patent and Trademark Office’s website, and has tons of great resources for kids, teens, and parents & teachers.