The Central Library’s Grant Resource Center has many resources available to help you with grant seeking, including the Foundation Directory Online database. However, at this time, due to COVID-19, we are no longer offering one-on-one appointments in an effort to keep everyone a little bit safer and healthier. To learn more about the Library’s grant resources call 585-428-8110. Upcoming programs on grant seeking can be found here.
As a partner of the Funding Information Network of Candid, a nationwide network of libraries, community foundations, and other nonprofit agencies, these fully searchable databases include detailed profiles of all active U.S. foundations, an extensive file of recent grants awarded by the nation’s top funders, and interactive mapping tools.
Grant Related Online Resources available at the Central Library:
- Foundation Directory Online Essential *Remote Access*
Foundation Directory Essential is available for remote access throughout 2021 through our website. Once on the site, you will be asked to create an account and sign up for a day pass. The day pass allows you to use Foundation Directory Essential remotely in a 24-hour window. There is a clock at the top of the screen that will tell you how much time remains in the pass. After the 24 hours, the clock will show the next date on which you can activate a new pass (every 30 days).
Since you will be able to create an individual account in Foundation Directory Essential, you will have access to the MyFDO features that were not previously available. You’ll be able to create dashboards, tag favorite grantmakers, and save searches, and return to these each time you activate a new pass. The day pass allows Candid to continue providing remote access in a secure and automated way to people all over the world.
- Foundation Directory Online (Available in house only)
- Foundation Directory: Searchable profiles of all active U.S. foundations and recent grants awarded by the nation’s top funders.
- Foundation Grants to Individuals: Access 6,100 programs that fund students, artists, researchers, and other individual grantseekers.
Websites for Grant seekers:
- Foundation Center: http://www.foundationcenter.org.
- Candid Learning: https://learning.candid.org/
- Candid Learning Training Calendar
- Kirsten Gilibrand’s Grant Central: https://www.gillibrand.senate.gov/help/grants
- Grants.gov http://www.grants.gov
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance https://beta.sam.gov/search?index=cfda
- Rochester Area Community Foundation: www.racf.org
Help from Organizations
Seeking funding can be a difficult, labor-intensive process. Assistance for the novice grant writer is available from these nonprofit organizations: